In this episode...
We live Linux with live Linux
Step 1: FLASH DRIVE!
Step 2: Get a Live CD maker
Tools for making a live CD/ Flashdrive
- dd for Unix and Unix-like systems
- Joao Recommends UnetBootIn
- A.g. Recommends Multisystem
- Yumi (Inactive) for Windows
Step 3: Put stuff in!
(here’s what we have on ours)
- systemrescue cd - Ultimate Utility tool
- parted magic - Think Gparted on an OS (For partitioning a hard drive and etc)
- trinity rescue kit - Another Great Utility tool
- puppy linux - A very light distro great for use in public computers
- kaspersky rescue cd - Kaspersky’s very own distro for virus scanning
- peppermint OS - Like Linux Mint, only spicier
- Lubuntu - A favorite distro of Joao’s
- Elementary OS - A.g.’s tool for ninja-ing people into Linux
- Open Suse 12.3 - A.g. is contemplating on moving to Suse but is too lazy to do so
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Enjoy Linux on your flash drive!
Joao’s Bro jumped into NAS4Free and we talk about the implications of the Humble Indie Bundle for the gaming industry and Linux.
Where you can get in touch with us...
Or if you like email...